Koh Kret Island is located in the Chao Phraya River, Bangkok, Thailand. It is a popular tourist destination and home to many interesting historical sites. If you’re looking for things to do in Bangkok, this is one of the islands you should explore!
History of Koh (Ko) Kret Island Bangkok Thailand
The Koh (Ko) Kret Island has located the Near Chao Phraya River in Bangkok Thailand. The island is about 2 kilometers long and 400 meters wide. The island was originally a rice paddy field. In 1782, the Prince of Songkla, Minh Mang gifted the island to King Rama III.
The Koh (Ko) Kret Island was used as a retreat by the Thai Royal Family during the reign of King Rama IV and King Vajiravudh. Today, the island is home to a botanical garden, a zoo, an aquarium, and several palaces and villas belonging to members of the Thai Royal Family.
Where is Koh (Ko) Kret Island
Koh (Ko) Kret Island is located Near to Chao Phraya River in Bangkok Thailand. It is a small island that is popular for its natural beauty and clear water. There are many things to explore on Koh (Ko) Kret Island, including swimming, snorkeling, hiking, biking, and fishing. There are also several restaurants and bars on the island.
The Best way to reach Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok?
There are a few ways to get to Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok, Thailand. The most popular way is by taking the ferry from Ko Lanta. You can also fly into Krabi and then take a bus or boat to Koh (Ko) Kret Island. Another Option is You can take TUK-TUK, either Taxi from Chao Phraya River
Best time to visit The Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok?
Koh Kret Island is a small, yet beautiful island located in Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River. The island has a variety of attractions that can be enjoyed at different times of the year.
The best time to visit Koh Kret Island is during the early morning or late evening when the weather is most pleasant. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and kayaking in the calm water. Alternatively, visitors can explore the many temples and ruins on the island.
Also, Read – Top Places to visit Bangkok
What is Koh (Ko) Kret Island Famous For?
Koh (Ko) Kret Island is well-known for its idyllic white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. The island is also known for its lush rainforest, as well as a variety of wildlife that can be observed while exploring the area. Some of the things to explore on Koh (Ko) Kret Island include the ancient temples and defensive walls, as well as the stunning coastline.
The Best Beaches on Koh Kret Island
If you want to enjoy some of the best beaches on Koh Kret Island, make sure to explore them all! There are a few beaches that are especially popular with tourists and locals alike, but there are plenty of other spots where you can find secluded coves and pristine sand.
The best beaches on Koh Kret Island are located in Sairee and Moo 2. Both have crystal-clear waters, white sand beaches, and lush tropical forests nearby. If you’re looking for a less crowded beach, head to Tham Phae or Ao Nang. Ao Nang is especially nice because it has a few small coral islands in the bay that make for great snorkeling spots.
If you’re looking for something more active, try exploring the jungles around Koh Kret Island. There are plenty of hiking trails and streams to explore, as well as some amazing freshwater lagoons that can be explored by kayak or canoe.
Things to See and Do on Koh Kret Island
There is so much to see and do on Koh Kret Island in Bangkok Thailand that it’s hard to know where to start. There are plenty of beaches, hidden coves, and crystal-clear waters to explore, as well as a variety of restaurants, bars, and hotels to stay in. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Start your day at the beach. Koh Kret is known for its beautiful white sand beaches, and there are plenty of spots to choose from. You can sunbathe, swim or take a dip in the clear water.
2. Take a hike or bike ride through the forest. The dense forest is full of lush vegetation and peaceful trails perfect for a leisurely hike or bike ride. You’ll be able to see wild deer, monkeys, and other wildlife along the way.
3. Catch a sunset at one of the many beautiful beaches. Koh Kret has some of the best views of the Bangkok skyline and sunset that you’ll find anywhere in Thailand. Grab a chair or hammock and relax while you watch the colors wash over the horizon.
4. Enjoy a night out on the town. There are plenty of restaurants and bars on Koh Kret Island
Things to explore near Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok?
If you’re looking for a short, easy day trip from Bangkok, consider checking out Koh Kret Island. This small island is home to some of the best natural scenery in the city. Here are five must-see destinations on Koh Kret:
1. Wat Arun – This temple is famous for its huge and colorful Buddha statue. The temple is also popular for its long history and beautiful architecture.
2. Amphawa Beach – Located just south of Wat Arun, Amphawa Beach is a great place to take a swim or relax on the beach. The sand is clean and the sunsets are beautiful.
3. Taling Chan Floating Market – This floating market is one of the most interesting things to see on Koh Kret. It’s made up of dozens of small boats that sell everything from fresh seafood to clothes.
4. Ban Laem Waterfall – This waterfall is located in the heart of Koh Kret Park and is a great spot for a picnic lunch. The falls are impressive both during the day and at night when they are lit up with lights.
What to Bring with You When Visiting Koh Kret Island
When planning a trip to Koh Kret Island in Bangkok Thailand, be sure to bring your passport, a swimsuit, and sunscreen. The island is free to visit, but there are some costs associated with renting bikes or swimming. You can also explore the ruins of an ancient maritime port on the island.
How much does a ride on a boat in Bangkok cost?
If you’re looking for a cheap way to see Bangkok from the water, a boat ride on the Koh Kret may be just the thing. For just 150 baht, you can enjoy a scenic ride around the island, which is home to many temples and beautiful views of the Chao Phraya River.
Where to stay near Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok?
If you’re looking for a place to stay close to Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok, your best bet may be to stay in the Bang Sue district. Just a few kilometers from the island, this area is home to some great amenities, including shops, restaurants, and bars. You’ll also be close to all the major attractions on Koh (Ko) Kret Island.
What best cuisine to eat after exploring Koh (Ko) Kret Island in Bangkok?
If you’re looking for a delicious and memorable meal after exploring Koh Kret Island in Bangkok, then Thai cuisine is the way to go! There are so many amazing restaurants in Bangkok that offer some of the best Thai food in the city. From family-owned businesses to high-end restaurants, there’s something for everyone on this list.
1) Wat Pho – This temple-like restaurant is a must-visit if you’re in Bangkok and love authentic Thai food. The curries here will blown your mind, and the tom yum soup is a classic dish that should not be missed.
2) Kamphaeng Phet – This place is a Bangkok institution and is known for its ancient cooking method called pla rae (stick burning). The food here is fresh and flavorful, with a variety of dishes to choose from.
3) Baan Nathuen – If you’re looking for some good stir-fries or curry rice dishes, then this place should be at the top of your list. They also have some great desserts if you’re feeling sweet after your meal.
4) Also, you can enjoy the local street food of Bangkok
If you’re looking for an adventure outside of your everyday routine, then Koh (Ko) Kret Island is worth checking out. The island offers a variety of activities such as diving, snorkeling, hiking, and biking, to name just a few. If you’re feeling adventurous and want to combine some fun with learning about Thai culture and history, the island is the perfect place for you!