Calumet Park Beach in Chicago, Illinois | 2023 Review
Calumet Park Beach | Podcast
Chicago summers can be hot, but that doesn’t mean you have to clump up in your house. Calumet Park Beach is a great getaway for some relaxation and fun under the sun! Located on Lake Michigan’s shoreline just minutes away from downtown Chicago, this stunning beach offers endless activities and breath-taking scenery.
Whether it be sunset swims with dolphins or watching the stars reflect onto the lake at night, Calumet Park Beach always has something amazing to experience. Take a look at our comprehensive 2023 review of this spectacular beach so you know what wonders to expect when you travel there next!
About Calumet Park Beach & its Locations
Calumet Park Beach in Chicago, Illinois is a paradise for beach lovers. With its stunning views and proximity to downtown Chicago, it’s no wonder why so many people are drawn to the area. The sandy beach offers plenty of opportunities for sunbathing, swimming, kayaking, fishing, barbequing, and more. There are public restrooms located nearby as well as a concession stand on site.
The lush greenery around the beach creates a natural landscape that makes Calumet Park Beach an ideal destination for both tourists and locals alike. Whether you’re looking for a quiet spot to relax or an exciting place to explore new activities, Calumet Park Beach has something for everyone!
How to Reach Calumet Park Beach
Here’s how you can reach Calumet Park Beach which is located at 9801 S. Avenue G, Chicago, IL 60617:
By Car: If you’re traveling by car, you can take the I-94 East to the 95th Street exit, then head east on 95th Street until you reach Ewing Avenue.
Turn left onto Ewing Avenue and continue straight until you reach 98th Street. Turn right onto 98th Street and then left onto Avenue G. The beach will be on your left.
By Public Transportation: If you’re taking public transportation, you can take the Metra Electric Line to the 93rd Street Station, which is about a mile away from the beach. From there, you can take the 30-bus southbound on Ewing Avenue to 99th Street, then walk east to Avenue G and south to the beach.
By Air: The nearest airport is Chicago Midway International Airport, which is about 12 miles away from Calumet Park Beach. From the airport, you can take a taxi or rideshare service to the beach.
If You are planning to visit the USA and looking for the best flight booking from your destination to Indonesia then, So we recommend you book your flight (Malaysia airlines)
Also, read– Top famous Places to visit in Indonesia
What is Calumet Park Beach famous for?
Calumet Park Beach so famous is for its rustic setting with bright sunrises and sunsets that make for perfect photo opportunities. Families appreciate the beach’s ample grassy area for picnics, children love to explore the shallow waters for treasures of stones, and fitness enthusiasts can take advantage of the newly-installed fitness equipment near the shore.
What truly draws people from all around to this picturesque spot is its ideal nature vibes while still being close enough to experience city life if they want to!
Read This– 100 Best Places to Visit in Maldives
Activities, Things to do & see in Calumet Park Beach
Calumet Park Beach is a perfect destination for travelers looking for a leisurely escape.
- Activities available at the beach include swimming, sunbathing, kayaking, and other watersports.
- Visitors can also go out on sightseeing boat tours to take in the panoramic views of the area or relax at one of the many beachside eateries and cafés.
- Nature lovers will appreciate taking trails along the shoreline while bird watchers can observe both migratory and local species up close.
- For those seeking a more interactive experience, Calumet Park Beach provides interactive outdoor programs like guided walks through wetlands, canoe trips upriver, or educational activities such as seminars and lectures dedicated to exploring the unique ecology of the region.
Must Read Post– Top 22 places to visit in Phuket |Thailand
Calumet Park Beach Photos
Attractions near Calumet Park Beach
There are several attractions located within 10 miles of Calumet Park Beach in Chicago. Here are some of the most popular ones:
Museum of Science and Industry – This museum is located about 9 miles north of Calumet Park Beach and features interactive exhibits on science and technology.
Navy Pier – Located about 10 miles north of Calumet Park Beach, Navy Pier is a popular tourist destination with shops, restaurants, and amusement park rides.
Chicago Lakefront Trail – This trail stretches for 18 miles along the shore of Lake Michigan and offers beautiful views of the water and skyline. It is accessible from Calumet Park Beach.
Hyde Park – This neighborhood is located about 7 miles north of the beach and is home to the University of Chicago, as well as a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural institutions.
Robie House – Located about 7 miles north of the beach, this historic home was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is a landmark of modern architecture.
The Field Museum – This natural history museum is located about 10 miles north of the beach and features a variety of exhibits on dinosaurs, animals, and ancient cultures.
Rules and regulations at Calumet Park Beach
Here are some rules and regulations to keep in mind when visiting Calumet Park Beach in Chicago:
- Beach Hours: The beach is open from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm daily, weather permitting.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is not allowed on the beach or in the park.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed on the beach or in the park.
- Dogs: Dogs are not allowed on the beach or in the park.
- Fires: Fires and grilling are not allowed on the beach or in the park.
- Litter: Please dispose of all trash and recyclables in the designated bins.
- Swimming: Swim only in designated areas and never swim alone.
- Life Jackets: Life jackets are recommended for children and inexperienced swimmers.
- Boating: Boats are not allowed in the swimming area.
- Emergency: In case of emergency, call 911 and notify a lifeguard.
Hotels Near Calumet Park Beach
There are several hotels located near Calumet Park Beach in Chicago. Here are some options:
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – This hotel is located about 6 miles north of Calumet Park Beach and offers comfortable rooms with modern amenities.
Chicago Lake Shore Hotel – This hotel is located about 3 miles north of the beach and offers affordable accommodations with views of Lake Michigan.
Jaslin Hotel – This boutique hotel is located about 8 miles north of the beach and offers stylish rooms and a rooftop bar with skyline views.
South Loop Hotel – This hotel is located about 5 miles north of the beach and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and on-site parking.
Marriott Marquis Chicago – This hotel is located about 6 miles north of the beach and offers luxurious accommodations with a rooftop bar and indoor pool.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown South Loop – This hotel is located about 5 miles north of the beach and offers spacious suites with full kitchens and free breakfast.
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago McCormick Place – This hotel is located about 6 miles north of the beach and offers modern rooms with on-site dining and fitness facilities.
Hotel Blake, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member – This hotel is located about 7 miles north of the beach and offers stylish accommodations with a fitness center and on-site dining.
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chicago – Lake Shore – This hotel is located about 3 miles north of the beach and offers comfortable rooms with free breakfast and on-site parking.
Best Western Grant Park Hotel – This hotel is located about 8 miles north of the beach and offers affordable accommodations with a fitness center and on-site dining.
Food to eat
Calumet Park Beach is a wonderful place to visit on a sunny day and the abundance of food options makes it an even more pleasurable experience.
- With concession stands and food trucks in the area, you can find everything from grilled sausages to tropical smoothies.
- For those who have a sweet tooth, there are ice cream carts selling classic flavors like vanilla and strawberry.
- Of course, if you’d like something closer to home, local eateries boast delicious sandwiches, burgers, and pizzas that’ll delight the whole family.
Exploring the delicious food offerings at this beach is such a unique way to enjoy the park – it’s an experience you don’t want to miss out on!
Things to Avoid
Calumet Park Beach is a beautiful place to enjoy some time outdoors, but there are certain things to avoid to keep our park safe and clean.
- Swimming far away from the roped-off areas can expose visitors to hazardous conditions, so staying within the designated areas is important.
- Visitors should also take extra precautions against carrying pollutants onto the beach, such as cigarette butts, plastic wrappers and food waste; food should be contained or disposed of properly away from the beach grounds.
- Additionally, it’s worth noting that glass containers are not allowed at Calumet Park Beach, so use only plastic or metal products when enjoying drinks with friends.
These simple reminders will go a long way in helping everyone enjoy this treasured beach!
Overall, this visit to Calumet Park Beach was incredibly rewarding and inspiring. The breathtaking views of Lake Michigan and the meticulously maintained grounds truly made this a unique experience. Not only did it offer a break from the city’s hectic lifestyle, but it also gave me a chance to both relax and learn something new about Chicago’s culture.
We would highly recommend anyone visiting Chicago to try going to the beach at least once during their stay—you won’t regret it! If you’re looking for an escape and some quality relaxation time, you should consider visiting Calumet Park Beach in 2023!
How much did you like Our detailed Calumet Park Beach in Chicago, Illinois | 2023 Review? Review Also, please share these Blogs with your friends on social media.
Calumet Park Beach Map Directions
Calumet Park Beach FAQ
One of the best times to visit Calumet Park Beach is during the summer months when temperatures are warm and there are plenty of activities available.
The beach is open daily from sunrise until sunset. During peak season, lifeguards are on duty from 11:00 am until 7:00 pm for your safety and convenience.
Parking is available at the beach for $3 per day or $20 per month. Visitors may also purchase an annual pass for $50 or take advantage of free parking located nearby in public spaces such as parking lots and garages.
Yes! Admission to Calumet Park Beach is free and open to all visitors who want to enjoy its beauty and amenities.
Yes! Swimming is permitted at the beach with certain restrictions, such as no swimming between 9 Am and 6 Pm and no swimming more than 15 feet away from shore without a lifeguard present. All swimmers must obey posted signs and warnings while visiting this area of the park.
No alcohol is allowed on any part of the beach; however, non-alcoholic drinks are allowed as long as they are contained in plastic containers with lids or tight seals that prevent spills or leakage into the water or sand.